RECIPE: Banana Blueberry Whole Wheat Muffins
Ready in - 25 minutes
Makes - 12 muffins
● 4 – over-ripe bananas
● 1 – cup unsweetened soy milk
● 1 – tsp. apple cider vinegar
● 2 – TBS. flax meal
● 4 – TBS. water
● 1 – tsp. vanilla extract
● ¼ - cup avocado oil
● 2 – cups whole wheat flour
● ½ - tsp. ground cinnamon
● 1 – tsp. baking powder
● ½ - tsp. baking soda
● ½ - cup monk fruit sugar (or) coconut sugar
● ½ - cup blueberries
1. Preheat your oven to 350*
2. Line 12 cups of a muffin tin with paper (or) silicone baking liners.
3. In a small bowl, mix the flax meal with 4 TBS. water. Mix well. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the soy milk and the apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Set aside.
5. In a separate large bowl, mix together all the remaining dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar).
6. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas.
7. Add the flax meal mix and the soy milk/apple cider vinegar mix, vanilla, and oil - to the mashed bananas. Mix well with a large spoon.
8. Form a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet banana mixture. Fold the ingredients together, until just incorporated.
9. Gently fold-in the blueberries. Do Not Over-Mix muffin batter.
10. Place ¼ cup batter into each muffin liner.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin, comes out clean.
12. Remove muffins from oven. Let cool on a wire rack. Once completely cool, store in an airtight container or fridge.