Top 10 Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea has been present since ancient times. According to studies, compared to any other drink, green tea gives several benefits to your health. Chinese have the knowledge on how medicinal green tea can be. It can be the answer for almost every ailment – from physical to mental or emotional problems. This has been the secret ingredient for a longer life passed down by the Chinese. Green tea has been helping numerous ailing people for almost 4,000 years now.
Drinking green tea is a traditional treatment. But even so, it’s paving its way into helping out a lot of people regarding their weight, diet, and health. There are a lot of studies that shows how green tea has inhibited or reduced the growing risk of cancer.
China’s health history was pretty much a breakthrough because of green tea. It is considered as a very important historical plant that came from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis and is produced through special processing.
What is so special about green tea? The secret lies in catechin polyphenols which contains a very powerful antioxidant called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCE). This specialized antioxidant not only inhibits cells causing cancer but also kills it in the process without even harming adjacent healthy tissues. It has also been proven that green tea can be very effective in decreasing cholesterol levels and inhibits the abnormal accumulation of blood clots.
Aside from those mentioned above, here are some of the numerous benefits derived from green tea.
1. Researchers have claimed that green tea can be the reason for cancer prevention and even the treatment of disease.
2. Can be able to help to treat cardiovascular diseases and rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Reduces the risk of the effects of esophageal cancer.
4. Used traditionally to treat multiple sclerosis.
5. Treat immune function that is impaired.
6. Used to prevent having Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
7. It is claimed through intensive research that daily consumption of green tea can prevent tooth decay. It is found out that green tea can fight and kill bacteria that are one of the leading causes of plaque.
8. It can result to decreased risk of heart attacks and heart diseases by reducing thrombosis formation.
9. Improves the ratio of good cholesterol against bad cholesterol.
10. Lastly, it is said to increase fat oxidation and metabolism inside the body. That is why it is used by many who wanted to lose weight without even compromising the health.
The difference of green tea apart from other Camellia Sinensis plant extracts is the way it is processed. Leaves of green tea are steamed or brewed that gives more reason for EGCG not to be oxidized. Black tea, on the other hand, is made through fermentation. The process of fermenting the leaves of black tea can covert EGCG into compounds that aren’t even close to the effectiveness of the original compounds found in green tea in terms of fighting and preventing numerous diseases.
Caffeine in green tea?
Aside from its many advantages, green tea can have one slight so-called "disadvantage" and that is its caffeine content. Caffeine can cause a sleeping disorder that makes a person experience difficulty in sleeping which is also known as insomnia.
However, compared to coffee, green tea has less caffeine. With proper consumption, people can decrease the undesired caffeine content in their green tea.
Until Next Time!
Health & Happiness,
Shantell @ PNW Health and Wellness