Are you ready to bake a loaf of your very own Homemade Artisan Bread?!
Homemade Artisan Bread
● 3 – cups Bread Flour
● 1 – TBS. Sugar
● 2 – tsp. Yeast
● 1 ½ - tsp. Salt
● 1 ½ - cups Hot Water
● 1 – TBS. Olive Oil
1. Begin by mixing all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl or container with lid.
2. In a separate bowl, add water and oil. Whisk vigorously. Pour the water & oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until well-combined and all ingredients are incorporated into a well-combined sticky-mixture.
3. Once there are no dry ingredients left at the bottom of your bowl or container, cover lightly with lid, or cover with a tea towel. Leave in a warm place for 2-3 hours, or until your mixture grows to double in size. (appearance will have bubbles/holes & wobbly like jelly)
4. Heat a Dutch oven with lid in your oven at 450* for 30-35 minutes. During this time, flour a board or counter surface with 1 TBS. Flour. Sprinkle top of dough with a pinch of flour. Remove dough from your bowl or container onto your floured surface.
5. Gently fold under 5-6 times, until fluffy ball forms. Then, rest in a bowl, lined with Parchment Paper, cover with tea towel while Dutch oven continues to heat in oven.
6. Once oven is ready, drop parchment paper and dough directly into HOT Dutch oven, cover with lid. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue baking for 12-15 minutes or until desired golden-brown top of loaf.
7. Cool on rack completely before cutting and serving.
Here's a photo of my very first loaf I ever made! It's obviously Not perfect! But I was SO proud of myself! To me, it was Perfectly-Imperfect!!
Bake a loaf and share your photo with me!
I'd love to see everyone's creations and hear your recipe feedback!