This Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup will sure to be a family favorite!
Are you ready to make this - Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - in about 30 minutes?!
Whether you're feeling under the weather because it's flu season, you want a bowl of comfort food, or you just feel like a bowl of healthy homemade delicious Chicken Noodle Soup...
This is my Go-To Recipe that I can't wait for you to try out!
Just wait for this to become your families favorite soup for these chilly days, or your Chicken Noodle Soup for your Soul! I think you're going to LOVE it too!
** Pro Tip ** You can get a cooked Rotisserie Chicken from the grocery store, or use leftover chicken to pull this recipe together even faster!
Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
● 2 – TBS. Olive Oil
● 1 – cup Carrots, peeled and sliced thin (about 1-1/2 large carrots)
● 1 – cup Celery, sliced thin (about 2 stalks)
● 1 – cup Sweet or Yellow Onion, peeled & diced (about 1 medium onion)
● 2 – Garlic Cloves
● 64 ounces (8 cups) Chicken Broth
● 2 – Bay Leaves
● 1 – tsp. Fresh Thyme (or ½ tsp. Dried Thyme)
● ½ - tsp. Dried Oregano
● 1 – tsp. pepper
● 12 ounces Dried Egg Noodle (or your favorite pasta noodle)
● 2 – cups shredded Chicken*
● Salt to taste
● 3 – TBS. Fresh Flat Parsley, finely chopped *Optional
● 1 – TBS. lemon juice *Optional
1. In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add carrots, celery, onion and sauté for about 7 minutes, or until veggies begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bring to a low boil for 5-7 minutes, until veggies are done and tender.
5. Add the egg noodles and boil for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through and done.
6. Add chicken (plus, optional lemon and parsley) continue to boil 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is warm.
7. Serve and ENJOY!
* You can buy a store-bought cooked Rotisserie Chicken to save time.